Tuesday, October 7, 2008

An Obsession is an Understatement

I must begin this post by telling you that Reagan is a woman who knows what she wants...there is no changing her mind once it is made up. She comes by it honestly but a perfect example of this was a trip to the toystore. I will let Reagan look at the toys in Target or Walmart after I have gotten the things that I need and if she was well-behaved. Sometimes I let her get something but she always gets to look. (Hey... it kills time out of the day and lets me know what she is interested in at the time). Stephen, however, is a huge sucker at the toystore. This particular trip that I am about talk about was at the request of Reagan to Stephen (she looked right at him and said "Toystore?" and therefore she basically gets whatever she wants because well... like I have said before, he cant say no to her. When we walked in she did her usual routine of walking around, showing us stuff, looking at a little of everything. Then she goes over and plays in the little Powerwheels cars and looks at the bikes (I know...it sad that she has a routine at the toystore). She walks by all the kitchens and up and down all the aisles of little girl toys and after what seems like forever she get to the baby aisle. Its all over from there. There is no convincing her to go to any other aisle at that point. She wants to hold them all, touch them all, kiss them and then she wants to buy one. It doesnt matter that she has a ton at home, she wants a new one. She carefully picks one, I have tried to get her to like a cuter one or one that does something like cry or wet its diaper but no...it is always the one she wants and that is it. And so without further ado...here is a very picture-heavy look at this obsession that Reagan has.




Here is Reagan with all (or most of ) her babies. She doesnt normally lay them all out like this, they are usually scattered all over the house but for the sake of this blog entry I gathered them all together for a "family picture"
These are ones that cost $2 at Target and for some reason we have ended up with multiples of all of them. For some reason she likes to take off all their clothes so they are usually naked.


This is Reagans very first baby. I bought it for her when we found out I was pregnant with Brody to help teach her about babies. It is pretty ratty and dirty but I think it is still her favorite
This is Reagan feeding her baby...whenever I feed Brody she has to get a baby and feed hers. She always get a blanket to ley them on b/c she has seen me do that with Brody's birp cloths.

This is her Bitty Baby that my mom gave her for her birthday. I like this one because it is an American Girl doll and I had this same doll as a child. It also has a ton of really cute stuff that you can buy for it (not that Reagan cares about any of that but I can live vicariously through her right)



These are the babies that make noises. They giggle and cry and the one on the right even moves its arms. A little creepy if you ask me.
These are her twin babies that usually acompany her to bed, They are soft and the best part about them...they can go in the washing machine.
These babies fill up with water so they "feel like real babies." Who knows where their clothes are but they typically go in the bathtub with her. Again they are naked (she has just started doing this lately, I dont know if its because she is learning how to take off and put on clothes) but I hate when we go to the store and she wants to bring a baby with no clothes. =)
This weird looking baby is her favorite baby to feed because the bottles actually fit in her mouth.
And how do we feed all these babies you ask?



With all of these bottles of course. =)




I know, I know, its a little out of control around here with the babies but she loves them and I love that she already has a little of that maternal instinct. The funny thing about all these babies...they dont have names. They are all just "baby". So imagine the problems we run into when I load her into the car and she say "I want baby please."

2 comments:

shelley said...

hahahahahaha! love the "family pic". she's going to be a good mama like her mama. shaelyn's not so into baby dolls. maybe that will change when little sister comes along (or maybe not!)

Alison said...

Hey Amber! I found your blog through your brother's. Your kids are really cute, and this post made me smile. It probably won't be long before we have lots of dolls around our house, too!