Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A Not So Happy Halloween




We were all set for Halloween... I had ordered the kids cute little pumpkins with their names embroidered on them... our costumes were set (Brody: a Monkey, Reagan: a Ladybug or a UGA cheerleader, whichever she felt like the night of and Mommy: a kitty cat) I had been working with Reagan to say Trick or Treat...everything was in place, except on thing... Reagan wasnt having ANY of it.


We had gone to Charlotte to spend Halloween with my mom sister and nephew because Stephen was headed down to the GA/FL game with my step-dad. Megan and I were so excited the kids would get to spend halloween together this year. Well somewhere between Monkey Joes in the morning and the park in the afternoon Reagan got in a funk and woke up from her nap in a awful mood. She normally wakes up happy but of all days to wake up grumpy...
She was not interested in putting on her costume at all...either one (she was originally going to be a cheerleader but she found her Ladybug costume from last year in the halloween box and had been wearing it constantly since so I decided to take both and let her choose that night. Her choice: nothing at all...not even her clothes, she was running around in her diaper pitching a fit about anything and everything. So... I left her at the house with my mom, whose patience with her was much better than mine, and took Brody out in his ADORABLE monkey costume. We just went to a few houses mostly to just show him off a little. When I came home Reagan was in a great mood but still not interested in putting on her costume or going Trick or Treating... she was helping my mom hand out candy and that was perfectly fine with her.
Good thing I didnt have to high of expectations for this Hallowen huh?

4 comments:

Ryan and Brindi said...

oh sad! at least she was happy passing out the candy and you still got to show brody off!

shelley said...

sorry about that. toddler temper tantrums are not fun! thank goodness for grandmas who have more patience for their grandkids (because they don't have to live with them!). i love when my mom's around, because she can always get shaelyn out of her funky moods and is ALWAYS willing to get down on the floor and play with her. but that's cause it's a treat for my mom, not the everyday.

brody was a very cute monkey. i like the monkey feet the best.

Olivia Carter said...

Amber! Oh heck! I'm so glad you added me to your facebook & I could link to your blog. It's so fun to hear how you are doing & see lots of pics of those cute babies!

We have a blog too- there's a link if you click on my name or on our facebook! Glad to get back in touch with you!

Foushee's said...

Baby Brody is so cute