Thursday, January 29, 2009

25 Random Things

I got tagged on my facebook page to write 25 Random things about me so I figured I would post it up here since most of what I write about is my kids.

1. I dont regret not finishing college (not ever)
2. I am a compulsive worryer.... I worry about everything, even things I cant control (but mostly things that involve my children)
3. I watch Days of Our Lives (not everyday but often enough that I could fill you in on the storylines)
4. I talk to myself... A lot
5. I am constantly wondering if I am a good enough mom and if my kids are going to turn out ok
6. I want to have one more baby but dont always feel like I might be able to handle one more.
7. I suck at staying on a budget
8. I am a compulsive organizer...I am always looking for new ways to organize anything and everything in my house.
9. Although he will probably never hear it from my mouth, my husband is right a lot of the time
10. I dont believe anyone else could put up with me besides my husband, and the same for him...we are perfect for eachother
11. I have accepted that it is probably pretty likeley that at some point in my life I will have breast cancer... I just hope my children are older
12. I would wear jeans and a solid colored shirt everyday if I could12. Once upon a time I had a clue about fashion but now I just look at clothes with a big question mark over my head wondering how and where I would wear it to.
13. I am pretty even tempered most of the time but when my mommy claws come out you better watch out.
14. I wish I had more girl friends
15. I pray everyday, sometimes multiple times a day that my children will be good people.
16. Doing what I do everyday (staying home with my kids) is what I have always dreamed of doing. I never imagined I would do anything else.
17. I can tie a cherry stem in a knot with my tounge... TWICE (but I hate cherries)
18. I have a really hard time accepting that I cant do everything and be everything to everyone.
19. I eat something sweet everyday. And I have a diet coke everyday.
20. My favorite sound in the whole world is the sound of children laughing
21. I want to take a photography class someday.
22. I believe family is what life is all about.
23. I hate brushing my teeth (dont get me wrong, I brush them twice, sometimes 3 times a day) but I just hate doing it, I dont know why.
24. I believe religion is important... different people choose different religions and it is not my place to judge anyone for what they choose to believe, just dont judge me for what I choose to believe.
25. I believe that happiness is not a state of being...no one is happy all the time, happiness is moments and it is those moments of happiness that I want to always remember... the way my husband looked at me when he asked me to marry him, the way it felt to hold my children for the very first time, laughing until our sides hurt with my mom and sister, watching my kids discover anything and everything that life has to offer, holding my husbands hand after 50 years of marriage, seeing my children have children of their own...that is my happiness

1 comment:

shelley said...

sorry i've been mia reading your blog. looks like you've been busy with the reconstruction. but it looks great! and the kids will love having the playroom upstairs. hopefully everyone is well in your house now, especially brody. and i love that place that you took reagan to for the haircut. i think shaelyn may get her first haircut this summer - just a trim too. but i can't imagine her ever sitting still for that! i'll have to find a place like the one you found.