Monday, March 23, 2009

Only Grandma

I am a fairly creative person... I am crafty, but I am not one of those people that can create things free-handed. My mom, however, is. She has always been able to just free-hand things like school projects, signs, church bulletins etc. When I was a kid I remember my mom making pancakes in all sorts of animals... she could just poor the pancake batter in ways that made the perfect butterfly or dinosaur. I cant even make Mickey Mouse look good. If I want to make my kids animal pancakes I make a circle and use one of many cookie cutters and cut it out. This weekend my mom made Reagan and Brody these cute pancakes ... the only problem: Reagan didnt want to eat the butterfly so she ate a circle pancake instead =)
A butterfly
A dinosaur and a fish
Why is it that food is just so much more fun to eat when it is shaped like something?

1 comment:

Lisa said...

those pancakes look awesome. i wish i had that talent like your mom.