Monday, April 6, 2009

Super Staller

Reagan is usually very god about going to bed but lately she has discovered the art of stalling. Here are some of her techniques used on any given night:

*"I need a cup of juice" (said in a voice that sounds like she is dying of thirst)

*"Sing me a different song" ( I ususally sing her a song but what happens with this is that right as she knows the song is about to end she says, "No not that song a different one")

* "I need some socks" (this one is totally a stall tactic because she hates wearing socks) She will go on to tel me that her feet are cold and she will get sick.

*"Mommy braid my hair" (again another stall tactic for sure since I wrestle her down every morning to fix her hair so the idea that she voluntarily wants me to do anything to her hair... not buying it)

* "I need my little lovey" (Reagan has like 15 lovey blankets but she has one that is a small version of her loveys for taking on the go... she calls it her "little lovey" and it is her favorite so its always missing because she has taken it somewhere. She almost always remembers where she had it so this need for "little lovey" results in her getting out of bed to find it herself.

* "I want a different baby" (She takes a baby to bed with her every night and in order to buy herself time she acts like she needs a different baby than the one she has.

* "I want my Daddy" (This one worked for a while until we realized that once Stephen got in there to lay down with her she "wanted her mommy" immediatly.)

*Rub my belly" (along with this one goes "tickle my arms" "Tickle my face" and "Tickle my back" )

*And finally "I have to go potty" (This one drives me nuts because I never really know if she has to go. She will go right before bed time so my first thought is there is no way she has to pee but she goes on and on until I let her get up and go. To my surprise a lot of the time she goes but I guess this one drive me so crazy because ever since she potty trained the whole idea is to go in the potty but at night when she has on her "night night panties" (that is our fancy name for a pull-up) I cant just tell her to go in her panties because that is the opposite of what I am trying to teach her.

I am sure it will only get worse as she gets older and but I thought this would be funny to go back and read one day. =)

No comments: