Thursday, May 14, 2009

So Little Time

Stephen and I are similar in lots of way... we are also different in many ways. That has never been more apparent to me in the last week. Let me explain.

For my Mothers Day present Stephen gave "us" a trip anywhere I wanted to go (within reason of course). After lots of debate as whether or not to go with or without kids, do we go tropical or big city... we decided that Stephen and I needed a break and that just the two of us would go to Las Vegas. No I do not gamble but Stephen and I both love to shop and go to shows and Las Vegas is a great place for shows.

So we finally decide on a place and that is all Stephen has been talking about since. Dont get me wrong... I am really looking forward to the break... laying out by the pool without worrying if anyone that belongs to me is drowning, sleeping as late as I want, eating at a nice restraunt without having to wolf down my food in 4 minutes flat... it will all be so wonderful...

BUT

I have so much to do before then that I really can think of the trip right now. At any given moment I have 25 things swirling through my head. Granted I know some of it I dont HAVE to do but in order to be super mom I feel like I HAVE to do it all. =)

At the beginning of the week we went to pick strawberries. On Tuesday we made Stephens mom soup and homade bread because she has been a little under the weather. Yesterday my kids had pictures which meant ironing clothes blow drying and curling Reagans hair, driving to meet our photographer and then doing a song and dance to try and get my kids to smile for the camera. Today REagan had school, while she was at school I was running around getting "Teacher Appreciation Week" gifts.Tonight we have gymnastics and I am supposed to go to a Pampered Chef party (I will probably be skipping that).Tomorrow I have to get ready for this dreaded neighborhood garage sale on Saturday (I really hate doing garage sales, I would rather just give stuff away but we have accumulated so much crap that I cant justify giving it all away).

Next week I have to get stuff for Reagans birthday celebration at school (her birthday is not until July but the last month of school they celebrate all the summer birthdays) so I have to figure out what to do for that... oh and there must be a goody bag to go home because what kind of mom would I be if I didn't do goody bags. I know there are several other scheduled things between now and then but on top of all that...

I have to buy some new clothes for Vegas... I dont think my jeans and t-shirts will look so cute when I dont have kids attached to me to cover it all up. I have to get the house and everything ready for my babysitter who will be watching my kids for 5 days. I have to come up with fun activities to help distact Reagan from the fact that I am gone, I have to write and get notarized a medical power of attourney for my babysitter. I need to finish one of my clients scapbooks before I go and the list goes
on....

and on...

and on...........

I need a vacation to get ready for my vacation. And now after reading this... I need a nap.

4 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

Ah Amber, I love Vegas. I don't gamble either but it is one of my favorite places! Woot for Vegas- hope you have a blast!

Lisa said...

have fun on your trip! it'll be great to be there w/o the kids. i love those kind of trips. i need a vacation too!

Anonymous said...

So funny! I am tired just reading all of the things that you need to get done! Clients scrapbooks huh? Do you do them digitally or good old fashioned paper and photos? Make sure to see some of the Cirque shows while there...they are the best part of vegas...and stock up on the Maui babe (best tanning lotion ever) found at the ABC stores inside of Planet Hollywood...excited to see fun pics after the trip..and relax...it will all fall into place!

shelley said...

hahahaha! we are so similar in that way. i have felt totally overloaded lately, and i only have 2 kids, and one of them is a baby. can't imagine what things will be like when they get older/there are more of them.

but enjoy your vaca. you deserve it!!