Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day



Over three years ago I sat anxiously in a waiting room. I was not anxious about the doctors appointment, I was anxious because I knew what the ultra sound tech was going to tell me... that I was having a baby girl. Call it mothers intuition but I just knew it was a girl. The reason I was anxious was because Stephen, was sitting next to me, hopeful that we were having a boy. Not that he wouldnt love a little girl (which is ever so obvious now) but because he had always talked about having a boy. I guess there was a little part of me that was worried that he would somehow be dissapointed that it was a girl.
Sure enough "it" was in fact a girl.... but at that moment nothing else mattered because a father was born. It was amazing. As soon as he saw that little baby swimming around inside me he instantly loved it. Less than five months later Reagan was born and Stephen has never been the same since.
We dont always agree on how to do things when it comes to the kids but one thing is ever apparent. Stephen is an amazing father and he loves his kids more than life itself. He would move heaven and earth to make them happy. I learn things from him everyday, even when he doesnt know I am watching and I know:
that there isnt anything he wouldn't do
for them
for us
for our family
Happy Fathers Day Stephen. I love you so much and couldn't imagine where our family would be without you and your unconditional love.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Very sweet...made me cry! I am so thankful to have my kids and their families so much a part of my life. I'm glad that I was able to be there and will try to grab onto all the joy and love that comes from each of you! I could not be more proud of the parents you are and the good things you do for and with each other. You and Steve are a good match.Love and miss you