Saturday, June 13, 2009

Vegas Baby

Well we have been home for over a week now but I am just now getting around to posting about our trip. It was a great trip, I did realized I am not such a huge fan of Vegas itself but the time away was much needed. It was so nice to lay out by the pool, sleep in, take 2 hours to eat dinner (without having kids get crazy) and it was nice to be able to walk down the street holding Stephens hand and not worrying if my child was running in the opposite direction. We saw three shows while we were there, walked all over the strip, ate lots of good food, got massages, did some shopping and just enjoyed eachothers company. A HUGE thanks to my babysitter Sarah who kept my kids happy, healthy, and loved while I was gone. She is great with my kids and I am so blessed to have someone I can trust my kids with.

At dinner before "The Blue Man Group" our second night. The Blue Man Group was an awesome show (it was Stephens favorite). If it ever comes to where you live I would highly reccomend it.

Our Hotel


Rainforest Cafe inside MGM (I think that is where it was)



Stephen and my step-dad Don....they just couldnt help themselves.

Inside the shark exhibit in Mandalay Bay
The Dolphins at one of the hotels (cant remember which one)


Me and my mom (my mom and stepdad came late thursday night so it was fun having them there to hang out with) and not having to compete with my kids for my moms attention =) j/k


My beautiful mom and stepdad

One of the shows we say was Cirque Du Soleil shows called "O" and it was really cool. It is all in water and the set moves and changes. Definitely would reccomend that one. The other one we saw was called "Ka" and none of us were impressed with it at all.... in fact I was really dissapointed in it (which has never happened with a Cirque show before)

Out on the town one night.
All in all it was a great trip but I have to say that I was appaled at the number of people that had their children there. It is NOT a family destination (despite what anyone tells you). It made me sick evertime I saw a mom or dad pushing a baby stroller through the city at midnight with a crying baby in it. The city was kind of dirty... there is a lot of drinking everywhere (which I dont do). There is sex everywhere (which I do do) I just dont want to be handed a card with a naked girl on it every time I round the corner... and I just dont get the whole appeal of gambling. All I could do was sit there and think of how many new Coach purses I could have bought with the money that was just going down the drain.... call me materialistic but I like to be able to see and touch what my money has bought.
Margarittaville
Cirque Du Soleil store















2 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

Vegas! Fun! Looks like it was a blast!

Angie said...

I had fun in Vegas! It's just one of those places you just have to go once in while and be a little crazy :-)It is very great to me that my daughters and sons are my best friends, Next trip...the beach! Love you!