Tuesday, August 18, 2009

First Day of School


Today was Reagan first day back at preschool. This year I made the difficult decision to put her in a new school. The school last year was good for her first year but I really felt this new school was going to be a better fit for her, not to mention that they offer private kindergarten, which is something I am seriously considering. It is a little bit farther away but well worth the drive if it lives up to its potential. She eats lunch while she is there as well so with bookbag and lunchbox in tow we left for her first day of school.


I was a little bit nervous because everytime I said something about school she would say "I dont want to go to school" but Stephen and I just kept being positive about it and eventually it wore off on her. By last night she was excited about going to school today. I dropped her off this morning with no tears (which always makes it easier on me). Brody and I came home to a rather quiet house. Brody still takes a morning nap so he went down shortly after we got home and I got all kinds of things done... the whole time Reagan was not far from my mind. Was she being nice to the other kids? Was she being respectful to her teacher? Was she listening well? Was I going to get a note home the first day telling me she was to wild? (that happened last year)


Fast forward 4 hours and I picked her up... in one piece... with a STAR STAMP on her hand for good behavior. She had a huge smile on her face when I saw her and the whole way home she talked about circle time and the letter "S" and coloring a skunk (for the letter "S") playing on the playground, having a cupcake at lunch ( I think it was someone in her classes birthday) and something about going to a classroom upstairs and spinning around (I think that was music class but I am not 100% sure). Tomorrow is show-n-tell (the letter "S") She decided to take Spin-art (you know those things that you put the paper on and it spins around really fast and you drop paint on it ant it splatters... she LOVES that toy.)


All in all it seemed like a good day. Tonight she told me " Mommy I pushed at my old school (which is totally true) but I am a nice girl at my new school" Crazy kid... I know it was just the first day and I am sure she will have her fair share of days that arent good but for today, it couldnt have gone any better.... and the best part, she is excited to go back tomorrow!!!!


2 comments:

Jeff and Kristin said...

Congrats on making it through the first day of school! Cute pictures!

Olivia Carter said...

Congrats! I can't even imagine how sad and lovely that will be.