Thursday, August 20, 2009

Preschool update: Day 2

Well the true Reagan I know and love returned at school yesterday. She hit another girl in her class with a toy. (ETA: I dont love her because she hit another kid I just meant the first day was very out of character for her... she tends to be the troublemaker.) WHY oh WHY does my child insist on being so rough with other children? When I asked her why she hit that little girl her response was "because I wanted to". I dont even know how to respond to that. I know she is just three but I feel like when she does stuff like that its a reflection on me and my parenting. I feel like her teachers are looking at her and thinking about how her mom lets her get away with all kinds of stuff at home and thats not the case. I know she is not the only kid in her class that is having problems (at least I hope she's not) but I always feel like she is. I feel like all the other kids are well behaved and listen perfectly and then there is my wild, free spirited child running amuck all over the classroom. I guess I am just feeling a little defeated with Reagan right now... whenever I find something that I think works, it doesnt work the next time. She is totally me at that age and you know what they say...
pay backs a b!#@%
I would like to take this moment to publically say...
I'm sorry mom and dad =)

1 comment:

Olivia Carter said...

Oh gosh, I hear you. it's like my nightmare thought that will happen when Syd goes to school. Seriously.

Wish I had some advice but I have the same problem