Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Puzzled

I took Reagan and Brody to the doctor last week for check ups. Reagan's was obviously her 3 year check up but for some reason I kept saying it was Brody's one year check up... Brody is 16 months old. How did I get so far behind... what kind of mother am I for not taking my child for his one year check up until he was 16 months old. Stephen and my sister-in-law both asked me why I was just now having his one year check up... I was puzzled. I knew we were a month behind on all his check ups because of the time he spent in the NICU but for the life of me I couldnt figure out where I had screwed up.

The it dawned on me... his peiatrician just started doing a 15 month check up. I was not behind, I was right on schedule. I had not failed my child, I was simply folowing procedure.... whew... now I can rest easy tonight knowing that my child is not scarred because I couldnt keep his doctors visits on schedule. =)

Reagan
Wt: 35lbs (86%)
Ht: 38 3/4 inches (85%)
She had one shot to get, which she did not like and other than that she is in great health. This was the first time since she was born she was not in the 90th percentile in everything.

Brody
Ht: 33 inches (91%)
Wt: 26lbs 12 oz (76%)
He had to get 3 shots and is healthy as a horse. Growing good, eating good, right on track where we are supposed to be.

I am so thankful to have two healthy children. We are truly blessed.

No comments: