Friday, August 7, 2009

Sea World

The day after we got to my grandmas house from Orlando, we turned around and made the trip back to orlando to go to Sea world with the whole gang. My grandma kept Brody for me since he really wouldnt have enjoyed it (sitting still for any amount of time is not really his thing). It was great although I must say not as magical as I remember it as a child. I know a few things have happened in the past 10 years or so that has changed the way they do the show but when I was a kid you could walk up to the tank before the show started and Shamu was swimming all around and you could really get a feel for just how biig he was. You cant do that anymore. The did however add a whole kids section on that ended up being the kids favorite part.

All of us at the Shamu show (minus my mom and Don)

This was inside the polar bear exibit. Reagan was so excited to see polar bears but when we went inside it was really dark and kind of cave-like and she got scared and Steohen took her out.



Damian being a polar bear

Outside the polar bear exhibit

My mom and Don. We were giving my mom a hard time all day because she was in charge of the "clipboard of fun" meaning she got us to all the shows on time and kept us on track. She also moves at the spead of light so we had to have an "intervention" as my step-dad called it and tell her to slow down... not many people move at her pace. Regardless she was super helpful to have around...love you mom.

At the dolphin feeding

Damian trying to jump in the tank... he seriously wanted to know all day why he couldnt get in the water with all the animals like the trainers.


Reagan really liked the dolphins... I think that was her favorite part of the whole day.
This was the really cool kids area. It was huge. I made the mistake of wearing a dress because I thought it would keep me cooler but ended up having to switch clothes with my mom because people were sitting at tables under the big structure and could TOTALLY see up my dress. Mybad... I will know better next time.

Don and Steve lucked out because they were to big to climb through all the tunnels so they got to relax while Megan and I chased our kids through a ropes course.


This is the little Shamu roller coaster we road several time.


Me and Reagan in the ropes... see why I couldnt wear a dress.


At the top


Megan and Damian


REagan towards the end of the day. It was really hot so I put her pigtails up in little buns to keep the hair off her neck.

This was the last ride at the end of the day... we were so exhausted if you cant tell.


Riding the crab... there were about 7 little rides that were in the kids area that REagan and Damian were both tall enough to go on. It was really fun for them. They also had a water area that we put them in their swimsuits and let them play for a while to cool off.

It was really fun for me to take Reagan to Sea World because we went there a lot when I was a kid. The day started out a little rough (on the way there I realized that the backpack that i had packed the night before filled with her bathing suit, snacks, juice boxes, a change of clothes, and MY CAMERA got left back at my grandmas house so we made a slight detour to Target to pick up a few things and we were back on our way) All in all it was a great day... Reagan is still talking about the "scary polar bear cave."



1 comment:

Kate said...

Looks like a lot of fun. We are headed to Disneyland next month with Cameron's whole fam, 11 adults and 10 kids, we are crazy. Disney World looks like it has some fun things Disneyland doesn't, like Pixie Hollow. It is almost impossible to see Tinker Bell, last time we only show her in the parade.