Monday, September 21, 2009

Rain rain go away....

Today it rained....again, for the 8th day in a row. I am so tired of rain I could scream. But today I decided to make the best of it. Stephen told me this morning not to go anywhere because the roads were so bad that our main interstate was SHUT DOWN this morning and roads were flooding all over the place so I decided to have a Rainy Day Party with my kids. What does that entail you ask... whatever you want it to. For us it involved painting (rainbows and sunshines of course), making a big tent in the living room with all our pillows and stuffed animals, making raindrops (blue cupcakes) and decorating them, watching a movie (or two or three) and playing in the rain and looking for frogs. We ended up having a neighbor friend come over and join in the festivities. It was a fun day but for the love of all things could it please stop raining!!!!
Our party banner
Making cupcakes or raindrops as we were calling them. I realized after I told Reagan we could make them that I didnt have any eggs so I had to walk over to the neighbors house, in the rain, to borrow 3 eggs (Thanks Candy).

A little blue food coloring to make our "raindrops"... they actually were a little teal colored but you get the idea.


Our raincloud hanging from the light in our family room. After I hung it up Reagan informed me that rain comes from black clouds not white ones.
Brody eating his blue/green raindrop (or cupcake)

This is Reagan masterpiece. Needless to say she did not eat these but it occupied her and her friend Averi for about 45 minutes.
Reagan ate more sprinles than cupcake I think. At one point Susan and I looked at the girls and they looked like they were doing shots of sprinkles... they both had their heads thrown back with sprinkle bottles in their hands trying to shake out as many as they could into their mouth.
Reagan and her friend Averi decorating their raindrops (cupcakes)

Unfortunately the forecast for the rest of the week is not looking so promising. It's kind of crazy around here. Schools are closed, major highways are shutdown, basements flooding all over the place (not ours thankfully). Stephens phone has been ringing off the hook. His company is out of equipment they have had so many calls today and last I talked to him, it wasnt letting up any. In fact he just called me and told me that he didnt think he would be coming home at all... 3 major interstates are shut down and he doesnt know that he can make it home. This might make for a LONG week.





1 comment:

shelley said...

i seriously laughed out loud when i saw that reagan said that rain clouds aren't white - they're black. hahahahaha! smarty pants! good job making a bad day fun. and good luck keeping it up! i can't believe how bad the weather is down there. but hey - at least stephen's making some money, right?!