Tuesday, October 6, 2009

FSU Weekend

This past weekend I went with my mom (and no kids) to visit my baby brother at FSU. He is on a diving scholarship there and it happened to be parents weekend and even though I am not his parent, I decided to tag along. It was a fun weekend. I got to see Jordan dive, which I hadnt since high school and A LOT has changes since then... he did great. He looks great and it is so obvious that he is happy there. Everyone was so nice and had nothing but great things to say about him. Of course while we were there we had to fix up his room a little. We got him a dresser, some curtains, a few decorations for his room, you know, all the things a college boy doesn't know he needs in his apartment room. It was a great trip. I am so proud of Jordan and the things he has accomplished and I was so happy that I got to be part of his little life for a weekend.

Jordan playing guitar for us in his room... he is really good... all the girls love it which in turn feeds the ego and the desire to keep playing =)

The second day was a "Breast Cancer Meet" so everyone was wearing these pink shirts. The swimmers even had pink bathing suits and swim caps.


Me and my mom at the meet


Jordan and his diving buddy Landon... they had some CRAZY stories about college life.

Jordan getting ready to dive


This is called the tower and yes, Jordan dives off that top platform.
Grabbing some lunch the day we got there


Mom and Jordan: it was fun to see all the places he likes to eat and hang out at.



Jordan and his friend Landon messing around on the platform... me personally... I wouldnt be messing around that high up =)


Jordan Diving

1 comment:

The Phipps: said...

yeah for Jordan! I need your email address so I can invite you to my blog. we had to go private unfortunately. email me at janellerphipps@gmail.com
thanks!