Wednesday, January 20, 2010

"Princesses Dont Have Eczema"

I realize I am so behind on posting... we have had so much going on and by the time I have time to blog... I am just to tired to do it.

Today while Brody was napping, Reagan and I were playing with her Polly Pocket Princesses (which are a little creepy if you ask me) but she loves them. She decided that they all needed a bath before the ball so we went to great lengths to set up a Polly Pocket sized bathtub with Polly Pocket sized towels and even found a little something that we could pretend was Polly Pocket sized soap. She washed and dried each one carefully.

Let me interject here by saying that while my children got many wonderful things from Stephens side of the family... Eczema was not one of them. I have never had it, nor has anyone else in my family so it has to come from his side. Both Reagan and Brody both have it, therefore at the end of bath time every night they have to be slathered in lotion to help prevent breakouts.

Anyway back to the story at hand. After Reagan had dried them all off I asked if they needed lotion (thinking we would then find a Polly Pocket sized lotion to pretend to put on) but Reagan looked at me very matter-of-factly and said:

"No mommy! Princesses don't have eczema!!!!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reagan makes me laugh. She is so full of personality and spunk that I am sure she is so much fun and also a bit of a challenge to raise. I remember Polly Pocket from when I was little. You are such a good mom to find all the mini-sized things for her to pretend with...I think i would just tell her to imagine. Very cute.

Dustin and Katie Smothers said...

She is so stinkin cute !!!! Duh, mommy.... should have known! ;)