Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Snot Shirts

One of the things I gave up when I became a mommy was "looking cute." My tight low rise jeans were replaced with looser higher wasted ones, and my shirts that barely graced the top of my pants had to be thrown out to make room for the longer ones that didnt show my stomach or back everytime I bent over to pick a screaming child off the floor.

Dont get me wrong... I dont look like a slob all the time but with two small kids at home it seems like the amount of time I have to spend on myself is far less than it used to be. I am lucky to take a shower most days, much less dry my hair, put on makeup and god-forbid put on a pair of pants that dont have an elastic waist. I usually look nice for the appropriate things: church, date-night, and school functions of Reagans, but other than that I find that I dot really care what I look like if we are just playing around the house all day.

Every once in a while though, Stephen and I get away for a few days and I remind myself, and more importantly, my husband, that I dont always look like a bum. (Although Stephen swears he likes me best with my hair up, my sweats on, and no make-up on). We went to Las Vegas a few weeks ago for Stephens birthday. It was a much needed trip for both of us and we had so much fun with eachother. Just me and him, doing whatever we wanted, on whatever time table we wanted. We layed out at the pool, walked the strip, shopped, went to a few shows,took as long as we wanted to get ready, and took hours, yes I said HOURS, to eat our meals. The weather was perfect and so was the company.

It's little trips like this that make me realize just how in love I am with Stephen. How pefect we are for eachother and how I cant wait to spend the rest of my life with him, traveling, laughing, and growing together. He is a great father, but he is also an amazing husband. We love our kids beyond measure, but every once in a while, its nice to just get away fom it all and remember the days when every shirt I put on didn't have snot on it.


Not really a dress I could take care of kids in... barely a dress I could move in =)


Because we were by ourselves we didnt really take very many pictures... so here are a few of the ones we did take.


1 comment:

Angie said...

It's all good! Work hard most days...play hard (whenever you get the chance)...and by the way... You look gorgeous darling :-)