Sunday, September 21, 2008

Catching up

Well I havent even had this blog for a month and I am already a blog slacker!!! Its been a crazy week in the Wooten home so let me see if I can catch you up. Oh but my digital camera is in the shop so this entry will be picture-less...sorry.

The School Situation
I pulled Reagan out of that preschool. Now I am not one of those parents that never thinks their child does anything wrong but in this situation I believe that Reagan was being wrongly accused. I went to observe on Monday and what I observed was that Reagan was doing nothing different than any of the other kids except that she was getting caught for it...and no that doesnt make it ok but the way they acted was that Reagan was this out of control child who was tackling kids to the ground and then beating them up. Reagan is just bigger than most of the kids in her class and so when she pushed or hit she made kids cry, which then drew attention to her and made her get in trouble. Reagan is a tough little thing and so on three different occasions I watched a little boy walk right up to Reagan and hit her on the head (with a magnifine glass no less) and Reagan would just walk away. Therefore that little boy was never repremanded and went on his way to do it to other kids. On another occasion I watched a different little boy walk right past a little girl, that happened to be standing next to Reagan, and hit her on the back and walk away so when she started crying and the teacher turned around Reagan got in trouble for it. (That incident took everything I had not to go flying in that classroom and chew the teacher a new one right then and there). Anyway I could go on and on about some of the things I saw but I will spare you all the details. The short of it is that I decided that that school was not the place for her. Next week we are going to tour another preschool...maybe this one will be able to handle my "out of control, wild, like nothing they have ever seen before two year old"... please give me a break...shes TWO!

Sick Babies
Reagan had had a cold for a few days (probably something she picked up at her wonderful school) before I noticed Brody starting to sniffle and cough. I was starting to wonder if he had an ear infection. I knew something was up becasue he wasnt sleeping good and he is normally a great sleeper and he wasnt eating all that great either so took him to the doctor and sure enough both ears were infected. They put him on an antibiotic and already he is eating and sleeping much better and his dispositin is much happier so he must be feling better. I hate it when my kids are sick. There is nothing worse to me than seeing your babies suffer and not being able to do anything about it.

Fun weekend
My mom and stepdad came into town this weekend and we had a lot of fun. Saturday we (we being my mom and me, Stephen and Don were at a football game) went to the Gwinnett County Fair and Reagan had a blast! They had a lot of ride for kids (about 12) and she and I went on all of them. She even like the roller coaster! Then we went to look at all the animals which of course she thought was so cool. She kept saying "Big cows...Mooooo" Thare were these baby goats that she kept wanting to hold (she has an obsession with anything that is a baby right now.) She says "Hold de baby, Rock de baby" and then reachers her arms out to hold it. Then we moved on to her favorite....the pony rides. She had the cutest look on her face the whole time. It was priceless. When the first ride was over she started to cry so I let her ride again and then again...at 5 bucks a pop this was becoming an expensive ride. Finally I got her off the pony and she looked at me and said "Buy?" like "Buy me this pony mommy" and I told her she would have to take that up with daddy. Luckily Stephen was not there with us because I fear we might have come home with a pony. (Yet again illustating that Stephen cant say no to her.) Brody was so good the whole day...he just loved watching everything and taking it all in. Then we came home for naptime and then we went to my favorite store...the toystore. I had to pick up a baby gift for my brother and his wifes shower and then we ran all over the toystore looking for something we had to have... and we found a few things =)

This morning we woke up and went to this new park by our house. It is the neatest park! Its huge for starters and there are so many unique things there. Reagan runs all over the place and Brody had just started enjoying swinging so we played for a while and then went to Chilis for lunch. We made it home just in time for naptime and then we are heading to Steve's parents house for dinner. It was a busy but fun weekend.

I would say thats enough for now...oh Go Dawgs!!! (they beat Arizona State this weekend) which is going to make Athens a madhouse for the Alabama game next weekend. We will be there so that will be fun!!

No comments: