Friday, October 3, 2008

Back to school




For those of you that have read my previous entries about Reagan starting preschool, you will know we had a bit or a rough start so we decided to give this school thing one more shot and found a school that seemed like it might be a better fit for Reagan. She started on Thursday and much to my surprise things went very well. I shouldn't be so surprised... I know Reagan is not the hellion that the previous school had made her out to be but I was affraid she had been so totally turned off by the whole "school" experience and would just be pissed at me that I stuck her back in an unfamiliar situation.




I walked her into her class instead of using the carpool line. At the first school I thought the carpool thing was better because they had pulled her out of the car before she realized what was going on and so she never really cried for me. The drawback of that was that she saw me drive away in the car and so she knew I was really gone, not just somewhere else in the building. So I walked her in thinking that she might do better to think I was in the bulding just not in the room with her (after all that is the way it is when we leave her at church). She was a little upset when I walked out but when I picked her up that afternoon she was happy as could be and her teacher said she did great. Her first day there the firemen and firetruck came and she came home with a plastic firehat that she kept putting on Brody(doesnt he make a cute fireman). She kept saying "fire tuk" when I asked her what she saw. Today went just as well so maybe it wasnt Reagan...which makes me wonder what was going on at her previous school????

No comments: