Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I am joining a nudist colony

Just kidding... sort of. I actually could never walk around naked so I could never really go to a nudist colony but I have decided that I HATE CLOTHES. Not in the literal sense... I do like having clothes on my body I just hate buying them.

Today I had a babysitter for FIVE glorious hours to do whatever I wanted. I didnt really want to go shopping but my friends are probably tired of seeing me in the same three shirts so I decided it was time to go shopping for myself. It was horrible... nothing fits me right, its either to loose or too tight, too long or too short, too low cut or too fancy... and if it wasnt any of the things I just mentioned I couldnt figure out how to wear it. Clothes have changed since I las bought them I guess because I felt like I didnt know how to wear anything. Not to mention that most of it was impractical. I roll around the floor with my kids all day... I dont need anything fancy for that... I just need things that fit but I also dont want to feel like a frumpy old mom all day either.

I even had a nice sales clerk help me. I told her my dilema, that for the past few years I have either been pregnant or breastfeeding and so I basically needed a whole new wardrobe. She was very helpful, she pulled probably fifty things and put them in the dressing room... I left with 3 things, 2 of which I will probably take back because I felt kind of obligated to buy since she was being so helpful. I am left feeling frustrated and defeated, like whats the point, I will just wear my pajamas for the next 4 years until my kids start school. Why cant moms just have a uniform... jeans and a tshirt that says "i am a mom" on it, then we would all have an excuse to look the same, we wouldnt have to worry about what to wear that day and we wouldnt have to shop for clothes, we cuold just buy 10 "I am a mom" shirts and be done with it. Of course then there would be the moms that added rindstones to theirs and then it would turn into a "how fashionable can your I am a mom shirt be" Anyway, sorry my rant is over. I guess I will try again next week.

2 comments:

afonit said...

I also hate shopping for myself. That's why I still wear T-shirts from high school. Oh, and sweatpants are nice, too. When I go to the grocery store, sometimes I change into jeans, but only if I'm in the mood. I can't find any jeans I like to fit my new "mom" body (it's lovely).

afonit said...

Oops, I am logged in as my husband. This is Alison.