Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Early Birthday Present

For Brody's 1st birthday my mom got Brody this adorable monkey chair that he LOVES. The problem is so does Reagan. So I told my mom that Reagan wanted one and have been telling Reagan that she is getting a chair for her birthday, we have been having this conversation at least once a day since then. She requested a pink one (soft pink) which means light pink.
So the other day we got home from an outing to find a big box from Pottery Barn Kids on the doorstep. Reagan didnt miss a beat and said "It's my chair". How she knew that was her chair in the box I dont know, but at that point I knew I had to give it to her early. So we opened the box and I put it together (meaning I put the slipcover on the insert) and as I finished up she said "Ohhhhh it's perfect!!!" It was so cute.
So now they each have one. They sit next to eachother in the playroom and watch cartoons. Thanks Grandma for the early birthday present! It's "perfect".





3 comments:

Kate said...

we have those same chairs except Blake's is red. Grace had to have the light pink one too and I wish she hadn't because it gets really dirty. Oh well I guess it makes her happy!

shelley said...

cute cute. i love the monkey chair. and that girl is hilarious - "it's my chair" - she knows her stuff!

thanks for the panties. shaelyn LOVES them. we'll see how we do. today was the first day wearing them, and LOTS of accidents. :)

Anonymous said...

those are the best chairs! I love that right away she knew that the box was her chair. I hadn't seen the monkey pattern but it is soooo cute! i love that the covers are washable and so durable! Now lets see some pictures of those cute kiddies sitting in them with a big bowl of popcorn.