Monday, September 28, 2009

Georgia Football

For my husband... it's not just a game, it's a way of life.
A few weeks ago I posted about Stephens adventures of tailgating and the massive amount of work that went into going to the Georgia game. This weekend I was able to experience it with him and I have to say... it was really fun.

I have been to Georgia games before... last season we went to almost all of the home games but we didnt do the whole "tailgating" experience. This week Georgia played Arizona State at 7pm. We left the house at 10:00am to get set up. It was raining but apparently Georgia fans are very serious about this stuff and nobody seemed to care... we set up anyway. I was able to meet some of the wives of the guys Stephen works with and it was nice to relax without the kids for the day. It actually stopped raining for most of the day until it was time to walk to the stadium for the game and it was a monsoon!!!! I was soaking wet by the time we got the stadium. It was cold, I was wet, but the game was great, the atmosphere was awesome, we had a blast and the Dawgs won!!!

Before this season started I wasnt really sure I wanted to go to very many games but after this weekend I am really looking forward to more. GO DAWGS!!!!


This picture doesnt do our "setup" justice. We had to put the TV in the back of my Expedition to protect it from the rain but we had a grill and TONS of food. I of course forgot my camera so this was taken with Stephens cell phone.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

i LOVE tailgating and i LOVE college football! oh man, i miss the days of season tickets when i was in school. nice that you guys still live in state to your college team... i have my own rituals/hang outs here to watch the game with other fans, but it's NOT the same as being right there in the stadium. awesome set up you guys!