Thursday, September 10, 2009

Pillow Talk

With the exception of nights I am not at home, I typically handle bed time. REagan adores Stephen but there is something about wanting mommy to put her to bed that makes it difficult for anyone else. Lately, as part of her stall tactics, she decides that bed time is the time when she wants to talk about EVERYTHING. I love our time together at night because that does seem to be when she is most talkative but sometimes I just have to listen for a while and then get up and walk out because I think she might talk all night. It varies from night to night but tonight this was our conversation:

Reagan: "Mommy I am going to get really really big one day and when I get big I can drive a truck, and go to work, and use a knife (that one made me laugh a little) and chew gum and blow a bubble because right now I am to little to chew gum but I can chew it on the airplane, and I can turn on the light on my fan (she means she will be tall enough to pull the fan string to turn her light on) and reach on the top of that thing (pointing to her dresser), and I will go to school a lot a lot, and I can use a glass because I am little now and glass can break so I cant use a glass now except when mommy helps me.....when I get really really big. "

And then without missing a beat she looks at me, strokes my face, and says "I love you too* mommy" and in that moment I realize, I would listen to ANYTHING to hear that at the end.

*For some strange reason Reagan always says "I love you too" instead of just I love you... not sure how that came about but it is still the best

1 comment:

shelley said...

shaelyn does the SAME THING!!! ms. talkative as she's laying in bed and i'm about to walk out, and "i love you too, mommy." i wonder why as well. maybe because they're always hearing us say "too" to other people? but i love that reagan has thought A LOT about what she wants to do when she gets bigger. that was quite a list!