Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Shady Valley TN




Two weekends ago Stephen went down to Florida State to hang out with my little brother for the Ga Tech/FSU game. While he was gone the kids and I made the trek to Shady Valley TN with Stephens parents for the Cranberry Festival. Stephens mom was going to have a booth at the festival and his granparents have a mountain house there. It had been a while since we had seen them so it was perfect timing for a visit. We left on Friday morning. The kids did really good in the car (which I was kind of surprised about). We stopped several time on the way there including this little store that has goats living on the rooftop. Reagan thought it was really funny and kept wanting to know how they got up there (there was a ramp at the back of the store for those of you that are just dying to know). Brody was intrigued with a huge bear statue and wouldnt leave its side. Unfortunately I didnt do much picture taking since I was juggling two kiddos by myself.
The first night there was pretty rough... Reagan wouldnt go to sleep and I was convinced that I would leave the next day before bed time so I didnt have to fight that battle again but day 2 was much better. Despite the rain the kids had a lot of fun at the festival. There were inflatable bouncey things and a train ride that Brody rode like 10 times I think. They liked running all over the place and Reagan enjoyed playing with Stephens grandmother. We made homeade bread and ate lots of yummy food. It was a fun trip for all of us!!!

1 comment:

shelley said...

glad things worked out. been there with the "i'm leaving tomorrow" situations. and glad they were good in the car! how many hours is that? like 10? whew!