Saturday, September 6, 2008

Go Dawgs!!!!


Well I bit the bullet this weekend and decided to get a sitter for the kids (which I rarely do) and go with my husband to watch the University of Georgia play Central Michigan today in Athens. It was a blast. We got there around noon, got some lunch and then spent way to much money on UGA merchandise for the kids and then went into the stadium for the game. It started out hot but then the clouds came and covered the sun and it was great. It wasnt the most exciting game ever...there were a few really cool plays including Knowshon Moreno hurdeling a Central Michigan player. Georgia won 56-17. We left in the middle of the 3rd quarter to miss the traffic and made it home in time to put the kids to bed.
I have never really cared much about football or had a "team" until I married Stephen and now I am totally into it. Its more fun when you have a team to follow and root for. Because it is important to Stephen it has become important to me. Now I dont get the whole watching 5 other games the same day so you can see how it affects "your" team but I am up for at least one good game a weekend.
Stephen already has Reagan trained...if you say "Go Dawgs" she raises up her arm and says "Woof Woof" and she can spot the Georgia "G" anywhere. I am sure it wont be long before he is working on Brody. If it were up to him Brody would wear nothing but Georgia red and black. I mean I had to convince the man that a Georgia nursery might be a little much.
Anyway I am rambling...we had fun and most importantly the kids survived a day without me (which I knew they would... Thanks Sarah G). I need to be better about letting other people watch my kids every so often...its good for them to be around other adults and it is good for me to have some alone time with Stephen.