Thursday, September 11, 2008

School Happenings



So Reagan started school last week and I was so happy when the very first day drop off went so well. I was expecting crying and all kinds of stuff when they pulled her out of the car from carpool line but she did great... She blew me a kiss and walked away with her teacher...I on the other hand started bawling. What can I say, she is growing up so fast and there is nothing I can do to stop it. I cant believe 2 years have gone by so fast.


Well fast forward to when I picked her up in the afternoon...her teacher pulls me aside and tells me that Reagan was pushing kids all day. Great...my child is the bully. I couldnt believe it. She is generally so sweet with other kids and especially with Brody so I was a little surprised to hear she was so rough.


I really shouldnt be surprised though...Stephen plays so rough with her and she is tough as nails. I guess in our quest to make her "tough" she maybe has become a little too tough. So we spent the next couple of days talking about how pushing is mean and a "no no" and I thought she was getting it. If we said anything about pushing Reagan would say "No No...Mean" so i thought we were making some headway but when I picked her up on Monday her teacher said she was still pushing. Then this Wednesday I had to pick her up early because she was being so misbehaved.


Where is this child coming from???? She is such a sweet little girl at home and I am so sad that she is having such a hard time adjusting to school. Her teacher thinks it is just a reaction to her separation anxiety (instead of crying she is pushing). I dont know what to think. I am going on Monday to observe her class through one of those windows where I can see the class but they cant see me. Maybe then I can get in her little head and figure out what is going on with her.


Reagan is strong-willed to say the least but that is one of the things that I love about her and I dont want to break her spirit so for now we are just trying to figure all this out. I guess if nothing else oneday I can have one of those bumper stickers that says "My kid beat up your honor student".


3 comments:

Foushee's said...

Hooray! You started a blog! They are so fun and great way to keep in touch! Talk to you soon!
Katie

Foushee's said...

P.S your little girl is a bully! that is so funny! she sounds like a hoot!

Ryan and Brindi said...

Just give it a little bit more time and Reagan will be wearing football pads and bowling over little boys in the pee wee league! Glad you started a blog. I added you as a friend on our blog.