Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Snow much fun

Well we finally got some snow this weekend. Actually Jackson county (where we live) got it the worst in GA next to Athens. We had about 7 inches which was crazy considering I took my kids to the park on Thursday. The weather channel kept saying it was going to snow but I didnt believe it since we have heard about "snow" like 10 times this winter and it has never happenend. But sure enough at about 1:00pm on Sunday it started snowing and by about 3:00 this is what had accumulated. It went on to snow for about 6 more hours. We had the biggest snowflakes I think I have ever seen. It looked like cotton balls coming out of the sky. Reagan had a ball playing in it and thank goodness my neighbor had some old snowpants and boots that were just Reagans size.
This was about 2 hours after it started...everything was A LOT whiter right before we went to bed but it was to dark to take a good picture.
Reagan was more interested in eating the snow than playing in it.

Brody: as soon as I sat him down he fell over because he was so bundled up. I had to prop him up on a mound of snow to get a picture.
You can see the crazy big snowflakes in the background.
Brody didnt really "play" in the snow, Stephen just held him since he had so many clothes on he couldnt move anyway. Our pitiful excuse for a snowman (Reagan was so cold at this point)
*** On a potty training note: I am happy to say that Reagan has AMAZED me through this whole process. She is already taking herself to the potty without me having to ask her or anything. Yesterday I went upstairs to put Brody down for a nap and when I came downstairs she was sitting on the potty all by herself. She hasnt had an accident in 3 days and she has only had 3 total since we started this process last Thursday.





3 comments:

Ryan and Brindi said...

go reagan! that's great she's doing so well with potty training! you have such beautiful kids! they looked so cute in their snow gear- definitely kodak moment photos!

Angie said...

So excited for Reagan...and you...with the potty success! Yeah Reagan (me doing a cheerleader jump) :-) Brody gets cuter every day!

shelley said...

horray for potty training and snow. shaelyn is acting like she's wanting to start potty training, so we might be going down that road soon. what dvd did you end up using?