Monday, October 26, 2009

Non-Traditional Pumpkins

Let's face it... I dont know very many kids that like cleaning out pumpkins. And I, as a parent, dont trust my kids with a knife... not even a "safe" knife (is there anything really safe about a 3 year old using a knife? Not in my house.) So this year I decided to skip the pumpkin carving and paint them. I know, I know, it's very un-halloween like of me but I always end up doing all of it anyway (because even though I dont believe him Stephen swears he has never carved a pumpkin) and to be honest with you... I stink at it. My faces always end up crooked and I am way to much of a perfectionist to let it go. So here they are. Our completely uncarved halloween pumpkins. Reagan said I did "such a great job" and that she "loves her "R" pumpkin" so I would guess that she isn't missing the crooked carved faces.

Mine and Stephens
Reagan and Brody's

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think these might be the cutest thing I have ever seen. I am totally going to copy your idea and do this. Mine don't like slimy dirty stuff but they love painting...very creative idea Amber. They are so adorable too! How messy was the process of painting them?

Amber said...

Well Ang- I didnt let my kids help with these. Reagan had her own that she went to town on and it was washable paint so she had a blast... I guess I should have posted a picture of hers... it just didnt match the others =)It wasnt hard for me to paint them at all. I just bought a pack of different sized paint brushes and those black foam sponge brushes and it was easy!!!

Natalie said...

LOVE the pumpkins! they are adorable and even cuter than cut out faces for SURE! :)